Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Girlfriends....

....really GET you.....I am SO thankful that I have the most amazing friends! About a year and a half ago, I thought that I would put together a monthly event where women would get together, talk, eat, drink and be merry SANS hubby and kids. We call it "GNI" aka Girls' Night In. The idea is that we don't spend a lot of money, we all get to know each other, we all talk about kids, hubby, life, jobs, what-have-you, and get to have some time to ourselves. As a matter of fact, last night was the June GNI, and one of my friends said that this was just about the only time she gets out. For a lot of moms, it is true. I have to say, that last night, I had the most amazing discussion with a dear friend of mine....such a great conversation that I now have a girl crush (lol), she is just an amazing soul....she has a heart of gold, she has an amazing drive for life, and her family, and her friends, I just love her. This is a thank you to her for being just what I needed last night because I almost didn't go....so glad that I did. She nailed it....she is the one that turned it into a great time for me. All of the women who go are amazing! Each time, it is a little bit of a different group, which makes it so much fun. Thank you ladies for participating and making a little something to look forward to each month! I am so thankful for my girlfriends!!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment