Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How can you prepare for life's...

......hand outs that you were just not prepared to deal with? It is with a heavy heart that I am going to talk about the loss of an amazing person today. My friend, Kristin George Porter, is now at rest after a short battle with cancer. No battle is short, it is all relative. She only found out last April, 2010. She had been treated and was doing well....I only found out in December of 2010. She started not to feel well again at the beginning of 2011. She was being treated, however, things did not seem to be working....she had an amazing 40th birthday celebration...her husband surprised her with a trip of a lifetime. Then, there was a tumor found on her brain which was removed on Friday, June 24, 2011. Success....however, the cancer of the liver was too much for her body to bear. She lost her battle today, Tuesday, June 28, 2011. She made a trip out to CA earlier this year to visit family, I asked her if she could visit again. She emailed me when she got back and said that she was very much needing to rest....her body was very tired. But promised next time......next time......next time......there is no next time. I held on to that and had so much hope that she was going to win the battle....she did not. Now, her beautiful soul is in heaven....we are all just shells, and our souls live on forever....until next time, Kristin....I love you, and hope that Brian, Elise and Gardner will be at peace now that you are not suffering. Thank you for being in my life, it is that much richer for it.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing can ever prepare you for this Jen... it leaves a hole in you heart that really can never be filled. What a special friend she was ... I was so sad to hear about this. We all never know if there is a "next time"...you are so right about that. We all must try to cherish each day, even though most are just "normal" crazy busy ones. You are such a special friend to so many people with the huge heart you so willingly share with us lucky enough to be in your life. Much love to you... MJ

    ReplyDelete