Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

When you have pulled out....

....all of the stops, what now? My daughter who is 5 1/2 years old, has been having nightmares. My husband and I were at a concert on Sunday night, and I received a text from the babysitter that she was having nightmares. I texted back to let her sleep in my bed, by the time we texted back and forth, she was sound asleep in the living room next to the sitter on the couch with all of the lights on in the house. So, the next night, she wanted to fall asleep with the lights on in her room, we let her. The next night, the same, and we let her. Tonight, she came into the living room where hubster and I were finishing dinner, and announced that she must sleep between us. We told her no, and that she needed to go back to bed but she was not having it. I told her that she could push the "magic button" that puts a "magic protective bubble" around the house....then I thought, what is going to be the button? So, I went into my night stand and found an OOOOLLLLDDDDD massager that I use to use with the hubster pre-marriage, pre-kids...of course the batteries were dead....I brought it into her, and let her push the button. I tried taking her to bed, and telling her all about the birthday parties coming up, the beach days coming up, the friends over coming up, and she only had questions about how to get through the bubble, and does the bubble know us, and does the bubble let in police guys, and does the bubble let in our friends, etc.....she will not go to sleep...now hubster is in there...wish us luck....this is a new one for us. Our 8 1/2 year old son never did this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment