Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Do it for.....

...yourself!!! When I first had my two children, I would wear frumpy shorts/pants/sweatpants and t-shirts. When I would dress that way, I would FEEL that way! I made a decision about four years ago that I wanted to at least try to look somewhat decent. I started by buying some cute tops. Not just t-shirts, they were still comfy cotton, but, stylish! I started to feel better. I also took some time to put some makeup on. Not a lot, but, just a little mascara, and blush. That started making me feel better as well. Within the past year, I found some jeans that I really love, and started buying accessories that I really love! Now, I get lots of compliments on these things, and that makes me feel good. Not only did I want to start feeling good for myself, but for my husband and for my children. Who wants a rag-a-muffin for a mom? Or a wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment