Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Did this happen to anyone else...

....but me??? OK, the things that your mother never told you about....well, life. But, this particular thing is from having pregnancies. My feet are huge....I use to be a size 8 or 8 1/2, now, my feet are 9 1/2 or  10.....they grew about a half size with each child. It is a good thing I only have two kids....can you imagine? Not only that, but, because I have high arches, the extra length makes my arches work harder. Therefore, I have had plantar fascitis in my left foot, (this is an extremely painful tear or strain on the tendons in your arches, in my case, they tore, if felt like bone spurs in my arches and took 14 months to heal....not fun!) and cannot run any longer (well, long distances...that is if I want to be able to walk when I am 80 years old!) Believe me, this is something that I would not wish upon anyone! No one ever told me that my feet would grow....no one ever told me that strange things would happen to my body after I had children.....the things we sacrifice for our children! Actually, I think if I did know....would I have had children? I think that women were built to "forget" child birth....otherwise, there would only be only children in the world....lol.....oh well. The benefit is that I can usually find the cute shoes in my size, because not many people I know wear a size 10!!! ;) Now, I am off on a WALK; not RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment