Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some times you feel like a nut....

....I can't wait until my kids have kids of their own! (Warning....a little gross....) Last night, I took my daughter to a birthday party. She had been fighting a cold all week, I kept her home in bed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. By Thursday, she seemed great, so we decided to get back into the world. By Friday, she finally went back to school, her friends really missed her, but I just wanted to make sure not to "share" this cold with her friends. We had to go to a birthday party that afternoon. Well, of course, she started coughing....and coughing, and coughing, and coughing until she said that she needed to go to the bathroom where she coughed so hard that she threw up. I cleaned her up and left....we get home, and I gave her a bath, put Vick's on her chest, and feet with socks and put her to bed. Hubster and I were waiting for our son to get home from a play date. In the meanwhile, we ate dinner together, yet, daughter came out and said that she coughed herself awake. We went into the bathroom for her to cough so hard that she threw up chocolate cake all over the toilet...yes, all over the toilet, not IN it, but all over it. She mentioned that she did a little bit in bed too....I walked into her room to clean up, reached for the light and stepped in it....of course, son came home in the middle of it all.....I got it all cleaned up in the bathroom and told son to brush his teeth, but he couldn't stand the smell...so I told him to go into the other bathroom...he did, came back and got ready for bed. I cleaned up daughter's floor, took the rug outside and changed the sheets and proceeded to put everyone to bed. In the meanwhile, one bathroom smelled like vomit and the other like "stinky boy".....I did a load of laundry, tried to scrub the rug outside, in the dark and it is a shag rug, LONG shag....came back in and was finally able to sit down. No sooner did I sit down to watch some TV with Hubster that a subject came up and we got into a heated debate.....the phone rang, luckily, and I went to bed....not the best Friday evening....today is a new day. Daughter stopped coughing pretty much altogether, all of the laundry is finishing up in the dryer, the rug has been scrubbed clean...and we are off to another birthday party. Hopefully this one will go better....wish me luck.....

No comments:

Post a Comment