Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Sunday, April 14, 2013

If you do not like how something is going in your life...

...change it. This has been a life changing year for me. I realize that I have not been here to post in over a year!!! I only posted ONE blog all year last year....but, it is time to get back into it. The year started out not so well. At 10:20 pm on New Year's Eve, I received a call from my mom. It was 1:20 am for her...she is on the east coast. I panicked. Once I answered the phone and heard the news on the other end....I knew that it was not going to be an easy road. My stepfather, who was 69, had fallen unconscious, and she had to call 911 to have him rushed to the hospital. After many days, tests, recovery, relapses, and varieties of diagnosis; the ultimate news was that he had terminal liver cancer....he had a few weeks to a few months left to live. He lasted one month after this news. Once my mom lost her partner of over 30 years, I went to spend two weeks with her to help her clean out, mourn, plan a service, and cope....in doing so, there were some things that I realized. I have been just going through life and pretending that everything is OK, so, now, I am making strides in making changes for the better. I will not just glide on through and try to get by. This week is a big step. Once I am stronger and can talk more about it, I will reveal slowly my journey....thank you for supporting! I will need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment