Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Am I....

....a broken record? Am I a broken record? Am I a broken record?......Today, I was trying to have some quiet time for an hour before I was going to take the kids to the movies, and not once, not twice, not three times, but four times in an hour, I had to ask my kids to just play in their room, or the living room so that I could have some down time. You would have thought I was torturing them.....it just was an impossible task for them. I was so frustrated, that I almost cancelled our plans. However, we were meeting friends, and there was no rain check because they are leaving tomorrow for a little road trip. So, instead, my punishment for not listening is to bed a half an hour early which they both do not like at all....especially my eight year old son. Especially since we are on vacation this week. So, I am hoping the next time I ask for a little peace they will listen.....but probably not.....

2 comments:

  1. Probably not Jen....Both my wife and I can identify with this one...I have (2) boys 6 and 8 y/o and they don't play..they run, they jump, they pounce, they stamp their feet and they beat each other up all the time!!!! My wife or I will ask them over and over and over to stop and finally i have to raise my voice to get them to listen to me. I hate doing that, but sometime they leave me no other choice. We also have done the early bed time, take away TV time or take away computer time. Sometimes it works.....sometimes not so much!

    Well tomorrow is another day :-)
    Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Open the door, please. Walk out the door, please. Walk out the door, please. WALK out the door, PLEASE. PLEASE WALK OUT THE DOOR. WALK OUT THE DOOR NOW, please. Just walk out the door!!!! PLEASE!!!" This is me, every single time we leave the house. I commented the other day that I'm tired of sounding like a broken record. My daughter asked, "Mom? What's a record?"
    "Never mind," I said, "Just walk out the door! PLEASE!"

    ReplyDelete