Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Monday, February 14, 2011

I feel lucky......

....do you? On this Valentine's Day, I wanted to write about my hubster and our first Valentine's Day together, this is number 14. We had only been dating for about 2 1/2 months, I had a roommate, who is a dear friend to us both, now. In the two weeks leading up to Valentine's Day, he sent postcards in the mail with sayings such as, "You have a secret admirer!" "I have a crush on you...." "Let's meet soon", etc. (you get the gist ;) Eventually, I received one that said meet me at such and such a place at such and such time. Well, I arrived at Daphne's Greek Restaurant, as I approached the door, there he jumped out from behind a pillar and presented me with a dozen red roses. We then went inside for dinner, and after we ate, he presented me with a card. Inside was a pamphlet for Big Bear, he told me that we were going up to Big Bear and he was going to teach me how to ski! Now, mind you, I am from New Hampshire, and never step foot on a snowy mountain top....I was nervous, but excited at the same time! This was all leading UP to Valentine's Day, ON the actual day, he proceeded to bring over balloons, candy, heart shaped pasta and presented BOTH my roommate, and I with the balloons, candy and pasta dinner that he made for BOTH of us....so thoughtful, sweet, and romantic! Whenever it is Valentine's Day, even though it is sort of a "Hallmark" holiday, my hubster never seizes to amaze me.....he even proposed to me on Valentine's Day....that is for another blog. So, I am very thankful for my thoughtful, romantic hubster, and love to reminisce about our first Valentine's Day together! Happy Heart Day, friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment