Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Monday, February 21, 2011

The cutestest things....

....that kids say! There are times that I wish the video camera was running, so I try hard to "record things" in my brain! Some of my favorite memories of things that my kids have said still make me smile. When my daughter was about 18 months old, she would ride in her car seat, I would give her a snack with a drink and I would ask her to please make sure to put her drink in the cupholder so that she would not spill. She would reply, "Look, Mommy, my drink is in the 'hold-cupper'!" HOLD CUPPER! LOL.....love it! We still call it that. When my son was learning to count, he would count as follows, "....ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, FIVETEEN, sixteen, seventeen..." Well, it does make sense doesn't it? FIVETEEN!!! LOL.....love that one too! Recently, I was talking with my daughter about her learning to walk. She never really crawled, she went from sitting to cruising to walking. She was wondering what cruising was, I explained to her that cruising was when she would hold onto something such as the coffee table and just walk circles around it. About two or so days later, she brought up her cruising and asked, "Mommy, was it cute when I was cruising and making cir..., I mean, rectangles around the table?" LOL! So clever since our coffee table is a rectangle.... Lastly, one of the more recent things my son has done was at his flag football pizza party. The coach had given a little speech about each of the boys, and my son wanted to give a toast to everyone, he stood up in front of everyone, held his trophy high over his head and said, "Thank you everyone for playing football with me, even though we didn't win any games, we hung in there, and we will win next year, let's have a great season next time and I hope to play with you again!" LOL....I REALLY wish I had recorded that one.....I would love to hear your cute stories! Share with me on FB, comment here or email me @ jennijenmackenzie@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Jen, I can relate so well to this (and all of your posts). My kids still say things that I think are so cute . They call their fingers "thingers", spaghetti is, of course, "psgetti". The latest funnies are Sophie's. She thinks she is such a big girl and tries to fit in with the older kids. She tells everyone that she likes the show: Wizards of Waverly Place but she calls it Wizards of Wiggly place. She also calls Justin Bieber "Justin Beaver". Hahahah!!!

    ReplyDelete