Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To go or not to go, that is the question...

Today was a challenge. As usual, my schedule was filled to the brim. Drop the kids off at school, come home and get a long walk in (as quickly as possible), change the sheets (because the hubster was home SICK and slept in the bed whilst I slept on the couch and notified me that it was "OK to go ahead and clean the room" - gee, thanks....), laundry, shower, quick lunch, pick up some ink, pick daughter from preschool, go to playdate, go to ballet, pick up son from after school science program, come home, make bed, fold laundry, feed children, check homework, clean the children.....all by 6:00PM. Now, exhausted, do I go to the Boy Scout den meeting that starts at 7:00PM with hubster at his own meeting until about 9:00PM, and knowing that I was at a PTA meeting until 9:00PM the night prior, and knowing that son has a game tomorrow night at 6:00PM while hubster has to clock a basketball game....these are the things that I juggle in my brain. Well, I decided to put my nightie on and start a blog instead. And you know what, I will forgive myself for not going, I will make up the activity that my son missed by taking my kids to "Art Zone" after school on Friday with the free tickets we got for hosting daughter's birthday party there....so, how about that....(huge sigh.....) Yes, I will forgive myself for not being everywhere, everytime! And you should too!!!

Nightie, night!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your outlook is in keeping with my goal to have more fun and and give myself permission to be me instead of some idealized version of myself -- trying to do that all the just doesn't make sense. Yay Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete