Welcome, friends!

This is my first attempt at blogging. I hear it is all the rave! As a mom, I just thought that I would share some of my thoughts, fears, experiences, joys, tears, laughter, stories, etc. You get the gist....Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope to hear back from you. This is meant to be a constructive, hopefully, funny, page that let's us moms forgive ourselves, give ourselves a break, and hopefully some support! Happy reading!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Is it better to be a friend....

....or a parent? I struggle with this because I want my kids to "like" me...I know that they love me but they don't always like me. However, my job is to be a good parent....the other day, my son asked me if he could have a later bedtime one day. I said, "Yes, one day when you can get up in the morning on time, get ready for school, on time, and not complain about what time we get to school and how much free time you have to play before the bells rings, how about that?" He looked at me with such disdain, it almost broke my heart. I went in to tuck him in for bed, and just explained further that once he matures a little bit more, he can stay up later. He didn't know what "mature" meant, so of course, I had to explain that. Whatever happened to the days of "The answer is NO!" and they say, "Why?" and the mommy replies, "Because I am the Mommy, that is why!" and that was good enough.....ugh....rules change all of the time, techniques change all of the time, kids change all of the time, the environment changes all of the time, (you get the gist....). My job is Mommy first, then, if in the end the children like me, I guess I did an extra great job! But, kids need guidance first, believe me, I have seen first hand what lack of guidance can do to a child. So, for now, I will parent, keep being nurturing, loving, yet, firm with my kids! Happy parenting, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment